Netgear WiFi extenders are one of the best networking devices to consider in today’s modern era of technology. When the Netgear extender is configured via mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 IP, users are able to access continuous internet connectivity throughout their homes. The device helps in boosting the router’s WiFi signals and enhancing them to great extent, providing you with whole-home connectivity. So, if you are looking for a smart WiFi device, straightaway opt for Netgear WiFi range extender because it is the one-last solution to fix slow and sluggish WiFi connectivity issues.
However, like any other WiFi device, WiFi range extenders by Netgear are also prone to major technical flaws. And, such flaws can ruin anybody’s internet experience.
But, you don’t have to worry! We have come up with this post! Here, we have mentioned the top 4 issues with Netgear extender along with their solutions. Thus, without waiting much, let’s take the plunge!
Issues with Netgear wifi Extender and Solutions
Can’t Access Netgear Extender’s Settings
Unable to access the Netgear extender’s settings is one of the basic issues experienced by every third Netgear extender user across the globe. After logging in to Netgear extender using mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 IP, you can configure it, update its firmware, and modify its settings as per your preferences.
But, the Netgear extender login process is not easy as it is seen. 4 out of 5 users can’t to log in to Netgear extender due to some reasons.
Solution: Here are some tips and tricks that you need to follow to cope with the issue:
- First of all, make sure that your Netgear extender is turned on.
- Secondly, you have to delete all the junk files and browsing history from your internet browser.
- Use of an outdated web browser also leads to the issue. So, to prevent this from happening, we suggest you update the browser you are currently using.
- Make use of correct Netgear extender login details.
- For accessing the extender’s login window, use of private window is strictly prohibited.
Last, but not least, to log in to Netgear extender, always take care of typing errors while entering mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250. In addition to that, you are not supposed to use the browser’s search bar for entering the extender’s default web address or the IP.
Most Important Point to Consider!
If you ignore these points, you might encounter 192.168.1.250 and issues. And, that is not a good thing, is it?
Can’t Change Netgear wifi Extender Login Details
Netgear WiFi range extenders come with default username and password. However, the default login details need to be changed during Netgear extender setup. Doing so will help you keep intruders at bay who enter your home network without your permission and steal all your information and ruin your bandwidth.
Solution: Hence, we advise you follow the instructions highlighted below and know how to change your Netgear extender’s default username and password:
- First things first, log in to your Netgear extender using an up-to-date internet browser.
- Enter mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 in the address bar.
- Press Enter and you will be redirected to Netgear extender login page. Reaching here, type your email ID and password.
- When the Netgear Genie setup page displays, you have to click on Settings and then select the Wireless Settings option.
- Enter your new username and password and click on Save to apply the changes.
Slow Internet After Extender Configuration
Another issue that 90 percent of users report with their Netgear extender is that their internet connection is running at snail’s pace after configuring it in a successful manner.
Solution: To get rid of this issue, make sure that your:
- Netgear extender and router are properly connected
- Your devices are placed in close proximity
- Contact your ISP. Maybe he is the culprit behind slow internet issue
- Restart your Netgear extender
Netgear Extender Firmware Update Failed
This is also the issue that a number of users usually experience.
Solution: For fixing this issue: do the following
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is turned on.
- Ensure that you have downloaded the correct firmware version as per the extender model you have.
- Do not interrupt the process.
- Install a UPS in case you have lots of power outage issues in your area
So, these were the topmost issues generally reported by almost every Netgear extender users. Anticipating that the fixes provided here will help you deal with them easily.
Read more- How to connect 2 netgear wifi extenders?